Home / Besser Blocks for Retaining Walls – Benefits
By APC Admin | October 14, 2014
Are you adding a retaining wall to your backyard landscape? In that case, there is one important decision you need to make – choosing the material forbuilding retaining wall. With vast range of masonry products in the market, there are endless options of blocks that can be utilized to build retaining walls. Each material has its share of benefits and disadvantages, and usually the factor that influences the decision is the price tag associated with each. Besser blocks, more commonly known as concrete blocks, is one of the most commonly sought materials for retaining wall. These are large type of bricks that are made from concrete, and have hollow tubes running through, to cut down weight.
Compared to other building materials, there are several benefits of using besser blocks for constructing retaining walls.
Benefits of besser blocks include:
• Insulating properties of besser blocks is more.
• They have high structural reliability.
• They are light in weight, so enable faster construction and saves time.
• They are long lasting and durable.
• They are available in range of attractive colors and finishes.
• They allow versatility and flexibility in terms of design and shape.
• Dry shrinkage is low so it does not crack over time.
• Water absorption is less compared to other solid blocks.
• Installation cost is low.
• No mortar required.
• They can be relocated, modified and re-purposed.
Besser blocks play an important role in creating an aesthetically pleasing and attractive backyard. When these blocks are combined with matching pavers and other elements, they lend classic appearance to the entire landscape.